Tennis Australia Official’s Uniform Policy
Effective June 1st 2017
The following uniform policy applies to all tournaments for which officials are NOT supplied with an event specific uniform.
Officials are expected to wear the appropriate items listed below and adhere to the uniform policy at all times when working at tournaments and events in Australia, or in any other capacity as a Tennis Australia Official:
- NB/TA Officials Polo (required).
- NB/TA Officials Jacket and/or Vest (optional).
- NB/TA Officials Hat or Cap (required). We recommend all officials wear the broad-brimmed hat when exposed to the sun.
Line umpires must wear the broad-brimmed hat at all times, however caps may be worn by line umpires only in the following circumstances:
- Indoor tournaments
- Night matches
- Considerably windy weather.
- Beige, full length non-branded pants (not shorts). These should be trousers and NOT cargo pants.
- Neutral coloured tennis shoes, appropriate to the court surface.
- Any accessories or jewellery should be kept to a minimum and not be noticeable.
- All uniform items are expected to be clean, neat and presentable, projecting a professional image. It is up to the individual to ensure that their full uniform is maintained and if necessary replaced when required.
Additional uniform items can be purchased online by following the prompts at officials.tennis.com.au
In addition, TA strongly recommends the use of additional sun smart products to protect their officials. This includes the use of sunscreen and wearing of sunglasses.
Any official not adhering with the above guidelines may be refused work.
Officials are not allowed to use the TA logo on any other items, uniform or otherwise, without the express permission of Tennis Australia.
If at any time your membership is suspended, cancelled or not renewed, you must cease to wear the uniform.
Items with a TA logo cannot be given to charity, if you wish to recycle your uniforms, please contact us at [email protected]