Kendall Tennis Club

Future & History

Club’s History, Upgrades, Funding and Future.

Tennis has been played in Kendall for over 120 years. Tennis commenced in the village as early as 1895. There were earlier court built at the Graham Street location around 1923, but later moved to Railway Street before returning to Graham street in the 1960’s.  Since then the club has grown in membership, constantly upgrading its facilities and provided a professional service to the community.

The tennis club committee has been outstanding over many years with their fundraising efforts and commitment to sought grant funding to ensure these upgrades are of great quality. Many members and local tradesman have volunteered an enormous amount of time to many of these projects.

Kendall now has a new facility in Orara Street with 3 hard-courts being completed in August 2015 and a new clubhouse in March 2017. The clubs most recent development was the completion of two mini Hot Shot courts and a synthetic grass court .   Both centers are used and needed on a weekly basis.

Further information on both our facilities upgrades and stages are in the following documents.

Story behind Kendall Tennis Club’s New Facility

History of Graham Street Site 1960’s to 2015