Beechworth TC

About Us

Facilities

The club has four floodlit natural clay courts and basic clubhouse and equipment storage facilities.  Adjacent to the clay courts are seven grass courts that have been inactive in recent years. Car parking is available in Tanswell Street or in the public carpark accessed from Albert Road, opposite Harper Avenue, between the tennis courts and the Chinese Gardens.

Court Hire

The clay courts are available to hire on an hourly basis. Enquiries by email to [email protected] or by phone to (03) 5728 2829 or 0403 360 297.

Our History

Located in the heart of the historic 1850’s gold rush town of Beechworth in north east Victoria, the Beechworth Lawn Tennis Club was established on 3 October 1935 through the amalgamation of the Town Tennis Club and Lawn Tennis Club. The club purchased the current site in Tanswell Street and the official opening was celebrated on 30 November 1935.

Management Committee (Season 2016-17)

President:                        Andy Carr

Vice-President:                Steve Collins

Secretary/Treasurer:       Garry Wallace