The Upper Ferntree Gully Tennis Club began in 1947 with one sand court situated behind the Royal Hotel. It wasn’t until two years later that the courts were built on on the Talaskia Rd site.
The club had been sharing the football clubrooms until 1966, when they grew to 3 courts and a small clubhouse next to the courts. The club had over 180 member and 11 mid-week ladies teams by the late seventies and were turning back people as they could not accommodate this many players with just 3 courts.
Plans for a new Pavilion began in 1976, where the club raised sufficient funds to have the clubrooms included as part of the new building. The Talaskia Reserve Pavilion was officially opened on the 2nd of August 1980.
Today the club still holds several teams playing in the night tennis, mid week ladies and junior competitions, and with 9 life members, many dedicated, active members and a strong hardworking committee the club is still going strong.