” Academy players are chosen on talent and remain in a program based on attitude“
As the Melbourne’s premier Tennis academy, the reputation of our coaching programs is well respected throughout the country and this is the place where tennis becomes serious. In order to protect our brand image and to guarantee a highly motivational environment for our players, our athletes are required to meet standards relating to commitment, performance and behaviour.
- players are asked to attend at least 2 sessions per week and be on court for a minimum of 10 hours/ week in total ( including academy, private coaching and competition). Additional private lessons are strongly recommended for all players.
- competing in 10-15 tournaments annually, comprising at least 5 state tournaments and 2 or 3 national tournaments.
- the overall attitude is also critical and we are looking at a positive attitude towards learning and challenges, to respect other players, the coaches and the overall team spirit within the squad.
Players can be drafted to the Academy via different pathways:
- moving up from our Junior Development Squad
- Personal invitation from our academy coaches to a trial session. It may result from an overall good performance from the player or via an invitation from our talent scouts.
- application made by the player.It may result on a trial session and interview on motivation before final enrolment. To apply, please send us an e-mail at [email protected] that includes information about the player’s profile (age, standard, ranking, performance) and explain briefly his motivation for joining our Academy.
So, if you are talented, hard worker and ready to embrace the challenge, we would love to hear from you!!