Tennis Academy at Melbourne Park
This program aims to take players to the next level through an elite squad atmosphere. Hard work, committed athletes and motivated coaches all striving to succeed. As the premier tennis centre in Australia and home of the Australian Open, Tennis World Melbourne Park is the place to be for young players who wish to reach the professional level.
The academy is a training squad and is fully suitable as a complementary program for players receiving private coaching.
Focus: all the skills an advanced player need to have in a modern game…
- technical skills
- physical component to optimise the body’s abilities: speed, agility, flexibility, stamina and recovery.
- tactical knowledge and problem solving when facing a strong opponent
- mental toughness and a positive attitude towards challenges
- personal mentoring from our highly credentialed coaches that includes setting up a yearly goal/evolution plan and competition schedule for the player in consultation with parents.
- individual report on performance given to players (that can be used by their private coaches) and regular assessment on progress.
- access to SAQ* classes (Speed Agility Quickness) and matchplay on Saturday.
- low ratio players / coach
- priority on indoor courts when wet weather
- access to the gymnasium and court hire
*SAQ Classes: this class is an optional service available for our Academy players. It runs for one hour at our gymnasium. We highly recommend all academy players attend at least one SAQ session per week of training.
- Nationally and internationally ranked players
- high performance tennis coaching
- career in sport administration
- professional athletes management
$61 for one session per week and it includes access to match play on Saturdays
$48 for additional session.