The 2012 GIO Sydney International Wheelchair Tennis Open was held at Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre from 20 – 24 January, with 110 competitors from 22 countries competing for US $37,500.00 in prize money.
The event attracted some of the world’s best Wheelchair Tennis players, including nine of the top ten women in the world, eight of the top ten men and six of the top ten Quad players.
Men’s Main Draw Singles:
(12) Michael Jeremiasz def (1) Maikel Scheffers (6/4, 6/3)
Women’s Main Draw Singles:
(1) Esther Vergeer def (2) Aniek Van Koot (6/1, 6/0)
(3) Noam Gershony def (1) David Wagner (6/4, 6/3)
Men’s Main Draw Doubles:
(3) Robin Ammerlaan & Ronald Ving def (4) Michael Jeremiasz & Stefan Olsson (6/2, 6/3)
Women’s Main Draw Doubles:
(2) Marjolein Buis & Aniek Van Koot def Yuka Chokya & Kamako Domori (6/1, 4/6, 6/4)
(2) Noam Gershony & David Wagner def (2) Andrew Lapthorne & Jamie Burdekin (6/1, 6/4)
Thank you to all staff members and volunteers who made this event so successful