Super 10s is an exciting competition for boys and girls who are born in either 2006, 2007 or 2008 with a focus on team-based play and fostering developmental attributes and behaviours.
Players interested in participating in the Super 10s season will need to register via the link below. Once registered, players will be provided the opportunity to attend training days throughout the month of April with qualified, experienced coaches and selectors. The dates of these training days will be communicated post April 1.
To be eligible for Super 10s selection you will need to register for the Training Day and must still be aged 10 on the last day of the month in which the season is completed. For example. Season #1 is run from 7 – 28 May. Therefore you still have to be 10 years old on the 28 May 2017 to participate. Once selected, you must also be available for all rounds of Season #1, see below dates.
Invitations for the subsequent Super 10s season will be sent out after the conclusion of all Training Days (by April 26). Please note selected players will be required to pay season fees of $100.
As a guideline for participation in Super 10s, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Players are encouraged to participate in the following tournaments during the lead up to Super 10s:
- ETKG JDS April 2
- Tea Tree Gully JDS April 8 – 9
- Tennis SA JT Bronze April 14 – 17
- Seaside JT Gold April 19 – 23
- Henley South JDS April 23
- Peake Gardens JT Bronze April 24 – 25
2017 Season #1 Dates
|Round 1||Sunday 7 May||Peake Gardens Riverside Tennis Club – Bice St, Marleston|
|Round 2||Sunday 14 May||Peake Gardens Riverside Tennis Club – Bice St, Marleston|
|Round 3||Sunday 21 May||Peake Gardens Riverside Tennis Club – Bice St, Marleston|
|Round 4||Sunday 28 May||Peake Gardens Riverside Tennis Club – Bice St, Marleston|
For more information please contact Andrew Waters, Talent Development Manager, email [email protected] or call 0466 571 442.