“Battled hard this week! So pumped to win the title.”
— Olivia Rogowska, 14 Jul 2014
» ITF titles for Kokkinakis, Rogowska
- Started playing tennis aged five when father, Slavek, introduced her to the game.
- Secured her maiden ITF Futures title in 2008, winning in Sorrento, aged 17.
- Made here Grand Slam debut at the 2009 Australian Open as a wildcard.
- Scored her first win over a top 50 WTA player, beating Maria Kirilenko in the first round of French Open 2009.
- Achieved a top 200 WTA ranking in 2009, following impressive ITF Futures results.
- Her dream is to play at all the Grand Slams tournaments.
- Favourite shot is the backhand.
- Favourite surface is clay.
- Speaks English and Polish.
- Player she most admires is former former world No.1 Steffi Graf.
- Favourite AFL team is St Kilda Football Club.
- Hobbies include playing the piano, soccer, practising yoga and reading.
- Favourite actor is Adam Sandler.
- Favourite type of music is dance.
- Her mother is Joanna and she has a sister, Sylvia.
Year-end singles ranking history
2014 Launceston ITF, Sacramento ITF
2012 Burnie ITF, Rockhampton ITF, Esperance ITF
2011 Alice Springs ITF, Port Pirie ITF
2010 Darwin ITF
2009 Esperance ITF
2008 Sorrento ITF
2013 Landisville ITF
2012 Sydney ITF, Port Pirie ITF, Margaret River ITF, Bendigo ITF
2011 Bundaberg ITF
2009 Kalgoorlie ITF, Bundaberg ITF
Olivia Rogowska in the news
UPDATE: Ash Barty and Anastasia Rodionova stand one win away from the US Open main draw after each won their second-round qualifying matches on Thursday at Flushing Meadows.
Olivia Rogowska, Ash Barty, Anastasia Rodionova and Daria Gavrilova have all progressed to the second round of US Open qualifying.
An 11-strong Australian contingent will take to the hard courts of Flushing Meadows this week in a bid to qualify for the US Open.
Australian teenager Thanasi Kokkinakis has cracked the world's top 200 while a top 100 return seems imminent for comeback queen Jarmila Gajdosova.