“Battled hard this week! So pumped to win the title.”
— Olivia Rogowska, 14 Jul 2014
» ITF titles for Kokkinakis, Rogowska
- Started playing tennis aged five when father, Slavek, introduced her to the game.
- Secured her maiden ITF Futures title in 2008, winning in Sorrento, aged 17.
- Made here Grand Slam debut at the 2009 Australian Open as a wildcard.
- Scored her first win over a top 50 WTA player, beating Maria Kirilenko in the first round of French Open 2009.
- Achieved a top 200 WTA ranking in 2009, following impressive ITF Futures results.
- Her dream is to play at all the Grand Slams tournaments.
- Favourite shot is the backhand.
- Favourite surface is clay.
- Speaks English and Polish.
- Player she most admires is former former world No.1 Steffi Graf.
- Favourite AFL team is St Kilda Football Club.
- Hobbies include playing the piano, soccer, practising yoga and reading.
- Favourite actor is Adam Sandler.
- Favourite type of music is dance.
- Her mother is Joanna and she has a sister, Sylvia.
Year-end singles ranking history
2014 Launceston ITF, Sacramento ITF
2012 Burnie ITF, Rockhampton ITF, Esperance ITF
2011 Alice Springs ITF, Port Pirie ITF
2010 Darwin ITF
2009 Esperance ITF
2008 Sorrento ITF
2013 Landisville ITF
2012 Sydney ITF, Port Pirie ITF, Margaret River ITF, Bendigo ITF
2011 Bundaberg ITF
2009 Kalgoorlie ITF, Bundaberg ITF
Olivia Rogowska in the news
Bernard Tomic's win at the ATP Claro Open Colombia in Bogota has vaulted the 21-year-old back inside the top 100, making him the sixth Aussie man in this elite bracket.
Sam Groth has surged to world No.99 after his run to the ATP Newport semifinals, while there were also gains for Luke Saville, Ben Mitchell, Olivia Rogowska and Alexandra…
Thanasi Kokkinakis and Olivia Rogowska have continued a great weekend for Australian tennis with their respective victories at ITF events in North America.
UPDATE: Ash Barty won her first ever Grand Slam qualifying match to advance to the second round of the Wimbledon qualifying event at Roehampton.