“"There was probably one rally which changed the whole match"”
— Olivia Rogowska, 16 Jan 2014
» Rogowska falls to Svitolina at Australian Open
- Started playing tennis aged five when father, Slavek, introduced her to the game.
- Secured her maiden ITF Futures title in 2008, winning in Sorrento, aged 17.
- Made here Grand Slam debut at the 2009 Australian Open as a wildcard.
- Scored her first win over a top 50 WTA player, beating Maria Kirilenko in the first round of French Open 2009.
- Achieved a top 200 WTA ranking in 2009, following impressive ITF Futures results.
- Her dream is to play at all the Grand Slams tournaments.
- Favourite shot is the backhand.
- Favourite surface is clay.
- Speaks English and Polish.
- Player she most admires is former former world No.1 Steffi Graf.
- Favourite AFL team is St Kilda Football Club.
- Hobbies include playing the piano, soccer, practising yoga and reading.
- Favourite actor is Adam Sandler.
- Favourite type of music is dance.
- Her mother is Joanna and she has a sister, Sylvia.
Year-end singles ranking history
2012 Burnie ITF, Rockhampton ITF, Esperance ITF
2011 Alice Springs ITF, Port Pirie ITF
2010 Darwin ITF
2009 Esperance ITF
2008 Sorrento ITF
2013 Landisville ITF
2012 Sydney ITF, Port Pirie ITF, Margaret River ITF, Bendigo ITF
2011 Bundaberg ITF
2009 Kalgoorlie ITF, Bundaberg ITF
Olivia Rogowska in the news
UPDATE: Lleyton Hewitt has defeated fellow Australian Matt Ebden in their first round match at the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells.
UPDATE 1.50pm: Casey Dellacqua and Olivia Rogowska have joined fellow Australian Sam Stosur in the main draw at Indian Wells after both won their final round qualifying matches…
Sam Stosur and a troupe of Aussie men have on Monday been placed in the draws for the upcoming BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells.
UPDATE: Casey Dellacqua and Olivia Rogowska have moved through to the final round of qualifying at the prestigious BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California on Monday.