“Battled hard this week! So pumped to win the title.”
— Olivia Rogowska, 14 Jul 2014
» ITF titles for Kokkinakis, Rogowska
- Started playing tennis aged five when father, Slavek, introduced her to the game.
- Secured her maiden ITF Futures title in 2008, winning in Sorrento, aged 17.
- Made here Grand Slam debut at the 2009 Australian Open as a wildcard.
- Scored her first win over a top 50 WTA player, beating Maria Kirilenko in the first round of French Open 2009.
- Achieved a top 200 WTA ranking in 2009, following impressive ITF Futures results.
- Her dream is to play at all the Grand Slams tournaments.
- Favourite shot is the backhand.
- Favourite surface is clay.
- Speaks English and Polish.
- Player she most admires is former former world No.1 Steffi Graf.
- Favourite AFL team is St Kilda Football Club.
- Hobbies include playing the piano, soccer, practising yoga and reading.
- Favourite actor is Adam Sandler.
- Favourite type of music is dance.
- Her mother is Joanna and she has a sister, Sylvia.
Year-end singles ranking history
2014 Launceston ITF, Sacramento ITF
2012 Burnie ITF, Rockhampton ITF, Esperance ITF
2011 Alice Springs ITF, Port Pirie ITF
2010 Darwin ITF
2009 Esperance ITF
2008 Sorrento ITF
2013 Landisville ITF
2012 Sydney ITF, Port Pirie ITF, Margaret River ITF, Bendigo ITF
2011 Bundaberg ITF
2009 Kalgoorlie ITF, Bundaberg ITF
Olivia Rogowska in the news
Australia's Olivia Rogowska has gone a step closer to a berth in the WTA Rising Stars Invitational in Singapore after heading the latest fan vote for the event.
Jarmila Gajdosova has continued her sparkling recent form to qualify for the WTA Toray Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo, Japan on Monday.
Sam Stosur, Casey Dellacqua and Olivia Rogowska will contest events in three different cities across Asia this week.
The first tranche of votes are in for the WTA Rising Stars Invitational, and Olivia Rogowska is well-positioned to nab a spot in Singapore.