- Son of Branko and Ljubica, he started having tennis lessons at age 10.
- Trained under Jay Salter at the Universal Tennis Academy in Melbourne, aged 13.
- Secured his maiden career ITF Futures titles in 2008, winning back-to-back tournaments in Mexico.
- Broke into the world’s top 200 in mid-2009, following consistent results at ITF Futures and ATP Challenger events.
- Played his maiden Grand Slam match at the 2010 Australian Open.
- Claimed his first ATP Challenger title in Aptos, California 2010.
- Debuted for Australia in the 2011 Davis Cup tie against China.
- Qualified for the 2012 ATP World Tour 250 event at Delray Beach, reaching the final – his first final at ATP World Tour level.
- Broke into the world’s top 100 for the first time in 2012, a week after winning the ATP Challenger in Athens.
- Considers his strengths to be a solid groundstroke game and a sound volley.
- Loves Italian and Greek food.
- Favourite movie is The Godfather.
- Hobbies include soccer, basketball and poker.
Year-end singles ranking history