- Born19 May 1993
- Birth PlaceBrisbane, Queensland
- LivesBrisbane, Queensland
- Height179 cm
- CoachBen Mathias & David Hodge
- Pro Since2008
“My goal in tennis was to see how good I can be.”
— Jason Kubler, 24 Jun 2015
» Kubler scores emotional victory
- Began playing tennis when his father introduced him to the game, aged five.
- With his powerful build and heavy-hitting playing style, he’s been described as a right-handed version of Rafael Nadal.
- Led the 2009 Junior Davis Cup team to victory, remaining undefeated in singles and doubles.
- Davis Cup triumph was part of a 36-match winning streak in 2009 that also reaped five junior ITF titles.
- Won the Optus 18s Australian Championships in 2009, defeating Ben Mitchell in the final.
- Made his Grand Slam debut at the 2010 Australian Open.
- Won his first ITF Futures events in 2011, securing back-to-back titles in Texas and Alabama.
- Member of the 2012 Australian Institute of Sport Pro Tour Program.
- Players he admires are Roger Federer, Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi.
- Dream is to win all four Grand Slam titles and to be world No.1.
- Favourite surface is clay.
- Sporting hero is Lance Armstrong.
- Enjoys hanging out with his mates in his spare time.
- Good friends with fellow player Ben Mitchell.
- Hobbies include Rugby League.
Year-end singles ranking history
2014 Spain F1 ITF, Netherlands F3 ITF, Italy F24 ITF, Sibiu Challenger
2013 Italy F4 ITF, Spain F37 ITF, Egypt F36 ITF
2012 U.S.A F4 ITF, Australia F4 ITF
2011 U.S.A F28 ITF, U.S.A F29 ITF
2014 Egypt F3 ITF, Spain F2 ITF, Lima Challenger
2013 Bundaberg F5 ITF
2012 Turkey F25 ITF, Australia F3 ITF, U.S.A F3 ITF, U.S.A F1 ITF, Spain F30 ITF
2010 Australia F3 ITF
Jason Kubler in the news
Many of Australia's top tennis stars will do battle in the coming weeks in a revamped Asia-Pacific Tennis League.
The Asia-Pacific Tennis League (ATL) 2015 North Conference gets underway later this month in an action-packed three weeks of team tennis.
Australia's John-Patrick Smith has joined compatriot Matt Ebden in the second round of US Open qualifying following a straight-sets win over American Jesse Witten.
John-Patrick Smith, Matt Ebden, Luke Saville, Jason Kubler and Anastasia Rodionova line up in the qualifying draws at the US Open this week.