Apia International Sydney Volunteers
14 August 2012 | Briony Craber
Do you love tennis and want to be part of the Apia International Sydney - one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious tennis events?
We are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic individuals with a diverse range of skills and experience to volunteer at the Apia International Sydney in the following areas:
- Spectator Services:first point of contact for the public as they enter the venue and general assistance throughout the venue including Ken Rosewall Arena and the show courts.
- Field of Play:on court supplies and service. Preparing match and practice courts with towels, water, drinks, umbrellas etc. Courts are set prior to matches commencing and are required to be stocked throughout all sessions. This role requires a lot of physical lifting.
- Technology:assisting implementation of all technology aspects, accreditation, statistical analysis and results distribution. It is a requirement of this role that you know the rules of tennis.
- Player Services:assist with the day to day needs of players and their guests during the event.
- Transport:transporting players, guests and officials between the official hotel, site and airport transfers. You must be available from the 2nd- 14th January 2013 to pick up/drop off players to and from the airport and venue.
- Airport/Hotel Meet and Greet: first point of contact for players, guests and officials on their arrival and departure from Sydney Airport (International and Domestic) and also the official event hotel.
- Media Centre:Assist with the day to day operation of the media centre including distribution of media facts, general assistance to the visiting media and assistance with supplies to the media room.
- Interactive Zone: assisting a variety of fun interactive activities where patrons can play a range of tennis games including speed serve and mini tennis.
Volunteers must be available during the tournament period (4th January – 12th January 2013) and new volunteers must attend a compulsory briefing session prior to the tournament (date tbc).
As a volunteer, you will be provided with the following benefits:
- meals while volunteering;
- two tickets to one Ken Rosewall Arena session and two ground passes.
If you want to be part of the excitement that we will deliver to more than 90,000 tennis fans, apply now!
Click here to apply.
Applications close 5.00pm, Friday 28 September 2012.
15 Sep 2014
Over two hundred entries are expected for the annual 2014 Gloucester… » Read more